Sooo we decided to jump on the potty training train last week. For a while, the bichin has been very interested in the moments we went to the bathroom and wanted to sit on his potty next to us. Also, with the extreme heat here, his skin got quite irritated from the diaper. So although a bit nervous about this whole process, we started potty training last weekend. Since we just started, I will save the details of how it is going for a later post but all in all, we can´t complain.
However, before we started, I read some potty training posts from fellow bloggers to get us prepared so I wanted to share my potty training preparation reading list because if you starting the potty training fun soon, these are some great reads!
- Check this post on Hey Erin Nicole for some very practical tips to get you prepared
- Check this post on Raising Twincesses for the exact routine they did for getting their twins potty trained
- Check this post on Crazy Life with Littles on their potty training journey
- Check this post on Oh Happy Play for really tangible tips to get your bathroom ready
- Check this post on Aileen Cooks on how their potty training approach was different for the 2nd child based on the experience with their first
- Check this post on Mama Life Inspiration with some very specific tools to use for potty training
- Check this post on The Rambling Ramnaths for a very elaborate description of the first approach they tried (3-day potty training) that failed, and how they did it instead
- Check this post on Dawn P Darnell for some great tips
- Check this post on The Garcia Diaries on potty training in 3 days
- Check this post on The View From Up Here on potty training tricks during the first 3 days
- Check this post on Henley & Hadley on what supplies you need
- Check this post on The Autism Cafe on potty training a toddler with autism
Next up, our approach and experience with potty training so stay tuned.