Soooo it´s my birthday today! How´s that for a fri-yay? I am turning freaking 30 today, and I am honestly a bit in shock. I know it´s just a number, but still it just feels quite old suddenly. Since this birthday is probably not part of my favorites (I know it´s stupid but still, I don´t feel ready yet to leave the twenty-something stage!), in this mom life Friday favorites edition I will be sharing 30 things you might not know about me. And don´t forget to link-up below!
30 things you may or may not know about me:
- I am a total pussy and hate to be home alone at night. (In fact, at my parent´s house, a farm, I make sure I am never alone after dark because I literally freak out)
- When I am nervous (or bored) I start pulling my lip (gross, I know) which usually ends up with a bloody mouth
- Chocolate is my biggest weakness
- I am addicted to Grey´s Anatomy (although I am a bit less fan since McDreamy left. I mean, seriously?!)
- I spent way too much money on sushi (spicy tuna for president!)
- I hate horror movies (probably related to #1)
- I read super fast
- Even for Dutch standards, I can be way too direct
- I don´t always look at the details (can be confirmed by our new bed which is way bigger than our mattress…oops)
- My biggest time waster is watching soap operas and other reality shows at night (although I try to do something useful while watching, which could probably be much more productive without that noise)
- I have never watched or read Game of Thrones
- After a few glasses of wine, I start singing along, WAY too loud (better called screaming along)
- I love the foamy shower mousse from Rituals
- I suck at crafty things and decorating, so despite some nice Pinterest boards of things I like, it just doesn´t really work out in my home
- I have a love-hate relationship with Tequila
- I hate showing my emotions but can cry like a baby with programs like Makeover your Home
- I have a fetish for diaries and pretty notebooks
- I might be dreading Christmas this year, read this for finding out why
- I love Dutch music (especially screaming along with it in a bar)
- I am not a great cook, and now even my baby that eats everything starts refusing my creations
- I often go to the office with my mom bun from the night before
- I play field hockey (although I have lost all my mojo, so compared to 10 years ago I am now just wabbling around the field)
- I might or might not have an online shopping problem
- I love board games but am not always happy losing
- My definition of a cozy living room is lots of candles
- Patience is not my thing
- I have quite some heels but since becoming a mom it just feels like too much effort to wear them… sneakers for the win!
- I am not very good at keeping my plants alive
- My driving skills are not the best
- My new motto is that 30 is just a number
I love reading the latest posts from fellow mom and lifestyle bloggers and link-ups are a great way to find new blogs. So I will be hosting a mom-life link-up every Friday on Working Mommy Abroad, I might come up with specific topics in the future but for now, anything parenting / momlife related can be posted here!
Not many rules, just make sure to check out some of your fellow mom bloggers and spread the love! I will make sure to share your posts on my Twitter, Facebook and / or Pinterest channels.
How to link up:
- Please upload the Link-up button (save image + add link) or link back to this link-up in your blog post
- Post your link below
- See what other awesome mom bloggers are up to!
Can´t wait to read all your awesomeness!
Read also: Making New Memories This Christmas