It´s Friyay! I seriously can´t wait for the weekend to begin, this week at work has drained me. Check out my last week´s mom life favorites and make sure to drop your own posts in the link-up.
Coming back from a business trip
Going on a business trip definitely has its perks, for starters:
- Sleeping through the night every night
- Showered EVERY day (some days even twice a day!)
- Having breakfast in peace while reading a bit
- Could blow-dry my hair and related to that, went to the office every day with my hair down. Seriously, I think since the bichin was born I always appeared in the office with a messy mom bun (from the night before)
- Did my nails and had an entire week with good looking hands (and I also did a facial mask!)
- Read a whole book
- Went to the gym every morning (even if it was just 20min, it kickstarted my day)
However, the best part of going on a business trip definitely is coming back home and seeing your baby getting super happy to see you again! Because despite all the perks, I missed him like crazy!
Decorating the Christmas tree
Although still a month away, we decided to get the Christmas decoration out! Never too early for the holiday spirit right? We put up a little tree in the living room (the bichin stares at in awe with all the lights and decoration, and every morning he first gives the bear under the tree a kiss before having breakfast) and put up the rest of the decoration as well (candle overload according to C). After seeing how much the bichin liked to play next to the tree I figured we need a little nativity set for him to play with, which is also a great way to explain the Christmas story in an interactive way. So I went hunting online for a nice set! These were my 5 favorites and in the end, we decided to go with #5. Which one is your favorite?
Read also: 6 Sanity Saving Holiday Tips for Busy Moms
Read also Christmas Jumpers
I have always been an avid reader but hey, life happens and there is not much time for reading. With the trip last week I suddenly had heaps of time (13hours flights..) so I could get some reading done. I finished girlcode (all about empowering other women, not competing but collaborating, no jealousy. Can very much recommend it!) and started Big Magic (for getting the creativity flow, I´m about 1/3 in and am really liking it so far).
Speaking of reading, I love reading the latest posts from fellow mom and lifestyle bloggers and link-ups are a great way to find new blogs. So I decided to host a mom-life link-up party every Friday on Working Mommy Abroad, I might come up with specific topics in the future but for now anything parenting / mom life related can be posted here!
Not many rules, just make sure to check out some of your fellow mom bloggers and spread the love! I will make sure to share your posts on my Twitter, Facebook and / or Pinterest channels.
How to link up:
- Please upload the Link-up button (save image + add link) or link back to this link-up in your blog post
- Post your link below
- See what other awesome mom bloggers are up to!
Can´t wait to read all your posts this week!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you I may receive a comission.