So this week I am not working but I am away from home the whole week. My manager sent me to this course at our corporate university which is called Leading Self or know yourself. We only started yesterday and the content of this course is pretty intensive and gives food for a looot of thought but actually it also feels like a little holiday full of me-time at an amazing place!
Just some examples:
• Last night after dinner I have been catching-up in bed on Grey´s Anatomy
• I took a bath and did some reading, an actual long foamy bath! Can´t reminder when was the last time….
• Long uninterrupted showers are the norm here, with body lotion after each shower (that´s at least 3 bonus points)
• Speaking of showers, I blow-dried my hair this morning after showering… That might not have happened since the bichin was born!
• I have been going to the gym both mornings so far and did my work-out before breakfast (super win compared to normal days where often getting dressed before breakfast would already be a win)
• I have the bed for myself and don´t have little hands touching my cheeks at 3am (which yes can be very cute but not if you need to get up at 6) or having the lovey of my son smacked into my face at least 4x a night
Apart from those luxuries there is a lot of quite heavy reflection time here. The course is really meant to get to know yourself better and to find out what your purpose, values, barriers etc. are. This might sound a bit wishy-washy but honestly, I feel like much of the things that happened in my life basically happened more because they came on my path instead of them being a conscious choice. (Studies, jobs etc.) I am not saying I was not happy with the outcome (I loved my studies and really like my job now) but I felt it was time to see if I could get a bit more direction on what I really want to do, mainly professionally but this obviously also affects personal life. (I don´t think you can be truly happy at a general level if one of those is not right)
Honestly, after two days I might be even more confused than before I came here because the topics of the course go pretty deep so some serious soul searching is required. Thinking about why you get out of bed every day, regrets of the dying, what the title of the next chapter in your life is etc. gives a lot of food for thought both professionally and personally. This will definitely be continued….