After you survived those first crazy months with a newborn, you think things are finally falling into place and you´ve found your flow as a mom. You have established some sort of routine with meals and naptime, the baby starts to entertain him/herself for 10minutes so you can quickly unload the dishwasher and sleeping through the night is almost a real concept in your household. Well, enjoy this happy I-got-this-feeling for as long as it lasts because, sorry for the newsflash, it won´t last long. Before you know it you will be entering the toddler phase which brings a new whole type of chaos to your house.
We have just entered this fun, new phase and I have to say that this is a whole new ballgame. Maybe newborns are not easy but strong-willed toddlers are definitely not easy either!
So what would moms of a toddler never say?
1. “Finally, weekend! I am so going to sleep in tomorrow”
2. “Great that you have not finger-painted the table with your dessert. You have just saved mommy another cleaning turn”
3. “No, we don´t need an iPad to distract our kid. Never.”
4. “Yay, I can see the bottom of the laundry basket!”
5. “So nice that you slept longer than 5am for 2nights in a row”
6. “I am so well rested today”
7. “Let´s have a calm and long family dinner”
8. “I just finished my book”
9. “So nice that you left all your toys in the playpen”
10. “Oh you can wear these clothes again tomorrow”
11. “My cleaning lady is on holidays and it´s already a week ago that I actually cleaned but my house is still in perfect state”
12. “After giving the little guy a bath I never have to mop the floor”
13. “I love going shopping together”
14. “Yes, he always listens”
15. “I am going to take a long bath with a glass of wine and a magazine. I tend to do that every Saturday”
What other things would you never say with a toddler?
Read also The Myth of the Pink Cloud